Swissvale Edible Garden Tour
If you grow food, or would like to try, you’re going to want to save the date for July 13, 2019 -- Swissvale’s first edible garden tour!
The big goals of this event are:
- To showcase Swissvale as a great place to garden (and visit and live!)
- To create a network of successful vegetable (and other edible) gardeners in/ around Swissvale
- To inspire/give confidence to new gardeners (including young people) to start growing
We hope to do that by having lots of great gardens on the tour -- highlighting a diversity of types of gardens, what is grown, and ways gardeners work - from containers gardens on balconies, to front yard farms; and from rain barrels and composting to chickens and children’s gardens.
We’re in the very beginning stages of planning, but other ideas on the table include:
- Fall seedling sales or giveaways at each garden
- Kids activities at some stops
- Gardening workshops at some stops
- A Celebration Cook-Out at the end of the day
- And more!
If you are interested in showcasing YOUR garden on the tour, please fill out this form.
If you are interested in volunteering, helping to plan the event, or getting involved in other ways, please fill out this form.
Please feel free to share this page or the associated Facebook event.